10 Self Storage, Moving and Packing Tips
- Use boxes that are of uniform size to allow easier stacking and better utilization of
your storage space.
- If possible store full boxes. Half full boxes tend to collapse during stacking.
- Place heavy items on the bottom and lighter ones on the top.
- Place items that are not frequently needed to the rear of the storage unit, and items that are frequently
needed toward the front of the unit.
- Store smaller, more valuable items to the rear of the storage unit and larger items toward the front of the
- Leave a little space between the storage unit walls and boxes for air circulation.
- Leave a walkway between boxes so that you can access them easier.
- Cover everything with plastic sheeting and pack your storage unit as tightly as possible to protect your stored
goods from both dust and water damage and to maximise the use of your storage unit.
- Photo or video document your stored items.
- Label your boxes with a felt tip marker for quick ID.
~ Choose Your Storage Rack Here ~